How to Get the Most out of Your Singles Cruise Vacation
The odds are in your favor that when you combine time off from work, a cruise, tropical weather and a large group of singles that you will have a great time on your singles cruise vacation. To make sure your first singles cruise is all smooth sailing we asked Shelby Bergeron, SinglesCruise.com's lead cruise director to share some insider tips. Here are her top five pointers for getting the most out of your singles cruise vacation:
- Make sure you attend the opening orientation party. This first event not only provides an overview of the week's program but it also gives you your SinglesCruise.com id necklace required to get into all of the group's private events and helps you start interacting with other singles right away through a variety of fun ice breaker games. Some of the common ice breakers at SinglesCruise.com's initial mixer include a lock and key event where the ladies use their key to try to open the locks of the male guests, and a number match game where all the guests receive a number on their necklace and try to find their match in the crowd.
- Participate in as many singles events and mixers as you can during your singles cruise. Whether it's playing ping pong, joining a trivia game, or taking a dance lesson, the more hosted activities you join, the better chance you have to make a lot of new friends, or even meet the ‘one'. There are a variety of singles activities for you to choose from during each singles cruise so you will be sure to find some that interest you.
- Try a new experience with someone in the group. There's no better way to get to know another single traveler than through sharing a fun new experience like ziplining through the jungle or swimming with dolphins. You will get to see a new side of someone you might want to get to know better, as well as have a fun new adventure. SinglesCruise.com organizes several popular shore excursions exclusively for the singles in their group on each cruise so you won't be stuck on a snorkeling outing with a bunch of families.
- Sit with different dinner companions each evening. The singles cruise group enjoys open seating at dinner so you can dine with different singles every night of your vacation. This allows you to spend quality time getting to know different people in the group.
- Be friendly and socialize with others in the singles cruise group. It's important to not only attend as many singles events as you can during your cruise, but also to actively participate in the experience while you are there. The singles cruise directors are responsible for running the events, as well as making sure everyone in the group is interacting with one another. All of the singles are in the same boat as you so it makes it easy to strike up a conversation with someone new.
While there's no exact science at making sure your trip is a success, Shelby insists that the more singles you get to know, the better time you will have on your first singles cruise vacation.<< Back To List